Sunday 8 December 2013

Review: Origins Super Spot Remover



What is it?
Blemish treatment gel. It's a clear gel as pictured above.

What does it claim to do?
To "heal, fight and fade" blemishes. It uses Salicylic Acid to speed up the healing process, Caffeine and Red Algae to visibly relieve redness and super exfoliators to eliminate excess oils and pore-clogging debris.

How to use it.
Just dab a small amount, as and when needed, directly on to any blemishes on the face.

Verdict.
So it's been a while since my last product review (apologies!) but what better way to get back into it than with an Origins product. I've made no secret of my love of Origins as a brand; I find their products faultless, which is always hard to find with skin as sensitive as mine, and this product is no exception. I apply this on any spots I may have in the morning after cleansing but before moisturising, again when I get home from uni and then lastly right before I go to bed (after cleansing but before moisturising again). When I do this I find the next morning that the spot has pretty much disappeared, if not completely, at least enough to make it easier to cover with makeup. The reason I say to apply this before moisturising is because spot gels (although this one to a lesser extent than others I've tried) have a tendency to dry skin out a bit so just to re-hydrate my skin and to help the gel sink in quicker I moisturise after.
The biggest tip I have with this product is: use it early! I can't stress this enough; as soon as you see the beginnings of a spot get some of this Super Spot Remover gel straight on there. It is an absolute miracle worker for spots that are only just starting to appear because it immediately stops them getting any redder or bigger, resulting in a "speedy recovery" as it were. I have a real problem with the marks spots leave behind. I tend to have a darker mark, where the spot used to be, lingering for weeks after the spot has gone. For those marks I don't find this product is a quick fix (and with problem skin like mine I wouldn't expect it to be!) but continually applying this gel on those marks has resulted in them only lingering for about a week as opposed to the usual three weeks. Like I said the key to this product is early and multiple applications.
Ok so lets talk numbers! Origins Super Spot Remover is £14, which I know sounds pretty pricey for 10ml and I was hesitant about putting my card details into the Origins website. That being said I am so so glad that I did because my skin would be a lot worse off without it. Also don't let the size of the bottle fool you! I've been using it multiple times a day for the last 3 months and it hardly looks like anything has left the bottle so I really do think this will be a very long-lasting product.

Sum Up.
So to sum up, those are pretty big claims Origins are making about this product but I can honestly say, for me at least, they tick every one of those boxes. When using this, my blemishes heal faster and are almost instantly less red and visible. I'd definitely recommend this Spot Remover because, if used correctly, the results are unquestionable. Now I know everyone's skins different so I suppose I can't generalise it to everyone but I honestly think it's worth a go if you're struggling with spots. If it doesn't get rid of them completely, it will at least reduce them to a more manageable level.

And just quickly, sometimes spot treatments can be harsh on skin, this one is really mild. As I've mentioned before I have really sensitive skin and I can use this no problem, so just thought I'd add that to reassure any other sensitive skin sufferers out there!

Anyone else tried Origins Super Spot Remover? I'd love to know how you got on!

No comments:

Post a Comment