Sunday 10 November 2013

Week Review #3: 10th November 2013

Bit of a different "week review" this week. I've got a uni deadline on Tuesday so I've spent the last week slaving over my computer and, as much as I'd love to have been blogging instead, I've been essay writing. So my entire week can be summed up in these four pictures really:
uni work // Vulcan Lounge with Laura // more uni work // films and cwtches with Boyf and his dog

So because my week has been uneventful I thought instead, as it's a Sunday, I'd do a post about my "Sunday Pamper Routine". Every Sunday night, to prepare my skin for the week ahead, I give it a bit of much needed attention, away from my usual daily skincare regime. This pamper session is made up entirely (with the exception of my La Roche-Posay Serozinc) of Origins products, which is quickly becoming my favourite skin care brand.

So I start off with Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash (£18) which targets both oily and dry skin so if you have combination skin this would be perfect for you. I'm not a massive fan of the smell but obviously that's just personal preference and that's honestly its only downfall in my eyes. After using this my skin feels super clean and its very gentle. I have really sensitive skin (or just plain fussy skin as I like to think of it) so there's a lot of products that my skin flat out objects to and I tend to get a reaction. That's not the case with this, or any Origins product I've tried, so I'd definitely give Origins a go if your skin is temperamental like mine.

Next I use Origins Modern Friction Nature's Gentle Dermabrasion (£33). Now this one is a bit pricey and I can't lie I've only got a sample size that came free with another Origins purchase so not sure if I can justify re-purchasing it when I've run out. That being said, this is one of the best facial exfoliators that I've used. You can feel it working (without feeling like you're rubbing sandpaper on your face) and my skin looks so much smoother and brighter after it's scrubbed away all excess dirt or dead skin cells.

Following that I use Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask (£22) which is aimed at unclogging pores. I never used to have a problem with my pores but the more makeup I started to wear (and how lazy I used to be with my skincare routine) made them a lot more visible. This mask "does exactly what it says on the tin" as my Nan would say. When you first put it on it comes out quite dark, which makes it easy to see what parts of your face you've missed, then becomes less noticeable as it sinks in and works its magic. I leave it on for about five minutes before removing it with a cloth and hot water (I should probably have mentioned that that's how I removed the last two steps too!). It doesn't leave your skin feeling as tight as other masks, my skin tone looks a lot more even after using it and the next day my pores look visibly reduced.


Then it's time for my La Roche-Posay Serozinc (Review here: http://emmawillz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/review-la-roche-posay-serozinc.html) which removes any remaining traces of cleanser, scrub or mask that could still be lurking on my skin before my final step. This last step is another mask and quite possibly my favourite ever Origins product. It's Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask (£22). I apply this before I go to bed and leave it on overnight. It smells amazing and it's heavy enough to feel like it's working but not so heavy that your skin can't breathe or that you feel sticky or clammy. It may seem expensive but it goes a long way and honestly the way your skin feels the morning after using it makes £22 seem like a bargain; hydrated doesn't even cover it. 

Monday mornings are always difficult and, although I dread them, it's probably the best my skin looks and feels all week which, lets face it, makes even the dreariest of Mondays seem ever so slightly better. My skin tone is more even, my face looks brighter, feels smoother, any breakouts appear tamed and pores practically non-existent. 


I can't rave about Origins enough so I'd love to know what your favourite Origins product is?

No comments:

Post a Comment